Recently I attended Nival Salon and Spa’s Modern Gentlemen event hosted by stylist William Henry Rawls. I arrived at the event with my lovely plus 1 and made my way to the food table. There I met shoe designer Marcus Flythe, where we discussed his range of shoes and his plans on expanding to online. I was happy to meet up with photographer, Joy Asico whom I first met previously at a Jimmy Choo event.
The event featured:
- Celebrity Barber Marvin Church (who has worked with Brad Pitt & Jay Z)
- Fragrance by Bulgari
- Bow Ties by MCMXXI1920
- Seraphin Cognac Tasting
- Cigars from Cigartown
- Shoe Shine by The Cobbler’s Bench
- Man-friendly cupcakes from Frosting
- Beats by DJ Mim
- A performance by Arthur Murray Dance Studio, Chevy Chase
- The Rules of A Gentleman: 1. Work Hard.
2. Act Chivalrous & Mind Your Manners.
3. Keep Your Word.
4. Master Confidence, But Stay Humble.
5. Live A Passionate Life With A Compassionate Nature.
6. Always Make Eye Contact.
7. Opening A Door For A Lady Is Not Optional.
8. Extend A Firm Handshake
9. Have A Romantic Sensibility
10. Remember: A Gentleman Is Always Presentable.
I had a great time meeting new people and catching up with Joy and Nival Salon’s Therese Quiao.
Photos by Joy Asico and Jack Conroy via Guest of a Guest